Norwich City transfer rumours: Bournemouth weigh up Robbie Brady move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Robbie Brady is being touted with Premier League Bournemouth - after Eddie Howe made a personal trip to watch the Dubliner in Wednesday's FA Cup third round replay exit at Southampton.
Howe was in attendance at St Mary's as Brady returned to the Norwich City line up in central midfield following a three-game ban for violent conduct.
ESPN claimed on Thursday afternoon the Cherries could be ready to test Norwich's resolve to hang onto their £12m rated Republic of Ireland international, who has been heavily touted with both Burnley and Sunderland in recent days.
Alex Neil made it clear after his side's cup exit on the south-coast there is no imminent deal for Brady to leave Carrow Road in this month's window.
'There have been negotiations that are on-going and contact from other clubs,' said Neil. 'I am not going to be specific about who that is or how much we are talking about. There has been dialogue. With Robbie I wouldn't expect anything to happen soon because it is not at those levels. It will be our timescale and on our terms.
You may also want to watch:
'We have already said at the start of the window depending on who goes out is what will dictate the players we bring in. I know Martin Olsson has gone now but I still think there is a bit of movement to happen. I think there will potentially be one more out and then we can hopefully shuffle the squad a little bit.'
Neil dismissed reports earlier in the window Crystal Palace had launched a £7m raid but Premier League champions Leicester City, along with Championship foes Newcastle United and Aston Villa, have all been linked with the 25-year-old.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
The Canaries need to generate funds to bring in fresh blood. City have lowered the asking price from the summer, which ensured Brady remained at Carrow Road after his impressive displays for the Republic of Ireland at Euro2016, but the Dubliner's former club Hull is reportedly due a 25pc sell-on fee as part of the original deal that brought him to Norfolk in 2015.
Brady signed a three-year deal, with an additional one year option, when he moved from the relegated Tigers.