Norwich City transfer rumours: Agent of Timm Klose plays down possible January move to Hamburg
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
German club Hamburg are reportedly targeting Norwich City defender Timm Klose as part of plans to improve their defensive problems.
Media reports in Germany claim the Bundesliga side have put the centre-back on their shortlist for the January transfer window, having conceded 31 goals in their 16 league games so far this season.
However, regional newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt has also warned that Hamburg realise they face a battle to complete a deal. Klose's agent, former City striker Gaetano Giallanza, is quoted as saying: 'A trade is actually not possible.'
The reports follow on from Hamburg manager Markus Gisdol making clear his desire to sign defenders in the transfer window following his team's recent 3-1 defeat at Mainz.
With the six-time German champions' billionaire investor Klaus-Michael Kühne ready to finance improvements to help the club pull out of relegation trouble, it is understood Hamburg would also consider paying a fee to sign the Swiss international on loan.
The 28-year-old proved hugely popular with Canaries fans after signing from Wolfsburg for around £7million in January and the injury which saw him miss the final five games of last season is considered to have played an integral part in City's relegation from the top flight.
He has made 25 appearances for Norwich so far but has not featured in the last six matches after being dropped by manager Alex Neil.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 9 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 10 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
That has seen Klose come to the attention of Hamburg, as he is thought to be the type of player Gisdol is chasing, with 75 Bundesliga games on his CV.