Norwich City transfer rumours: City interested in signing highly-rated Everton youngster
- Credit: JASON DAWSON/JASONPIX
Norwich City are interested in bringing Everton youngster Antony Evans to Carrow Road on loan in January, according to reports.
The Sun on Sunday believe the Canaries are in the frame to sign the young attacking midfielder as the Toffees look to get the 20-year-old on loan to get some playing experience.
Evans was on loan at Morecambe at the end of the 2016/17 season when he made 14 appearances scoring two goals.
He returned to the Blues' Under-23s set-up where the Everton website states his 'excellent range of passing, ball-striking and ability to drive at defenders became key aspects of the young Blues' attacking arsenal'.
His form for the Toffees' Under-23s, under the stewardship of David Unsworth, saw him handed the captaincy and he was given a new contract last February until the summer of 2020.
You may also want to watch:
He suffered a knee injury in March, scuppering any chance of a loan move in the summer, but this season he has made seven appearances for Everton's second string, scoring four goals.
Speaking back in March before Evans' knee injury, Unsworth told the Liverpool Echo: 'Antony has had a little taste on loan (at Morecambe) and then we're looking for that consistency in performance. We had a chat just after I came back to the 23s and I told him I never knew what I was going to get out of him, some games it would be a nine out of 10 and others it would be a four or a five and that's development football and young players.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
'But what he's doing now is putting consistent performances together of eights and nines and his quality is without a doubt.'