Norwich City Top 100: Mal Lucas (62)
- Credit: Archant
62 Mal Lucas
204 appearances/8 goals
Mal Lucas cost City just £25,000 and is rated by some as the best half back to wear the yellow and green.
Lucas' footballing career began in non-league, at Bradley Rangers, before he joined Leyton Orient in 1958, playing in the old First Division in 1962–63.
The midfield pocket battleship moved to Norfolk in 1964, where he played 183 league games for the Canaries before joining Torquay United in 1970, where he made 122 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
However, he returned to Norfolk to become player-manager at Gorleston, managing them from 1976 until 1980. He also assisted another former Canary, Dale Gordon, when he took over as manager at Emerald Park in 1998.
Lucas was also a Wales international, making his debut in April 1962 against Northern Ireland. His fourth and last cap was in November 1962 against England.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain