Norwich City to face Swansea City in EFL Trophy
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-21s will face Swansea City Under-21s in the last 32 of the Checkatrade EFL Trophy at Carrow Road.
The Canaries' youngsters will take on the Welsh side during the week commencing December 5.
City breezed through the group stage with comprehensive victories over Peterborough, Barnet and MK Dons and the competition could represent a genuine chance for the Canaries to get to Wembley.
Nelson Oliveira bagged a brace in City's 4-1 win against MK Dons, who still progressed from the group in second place and will travel to Yeovil in the next round.
Swansea advanced from their group as runners up to AFC Wimbledon, who they lost to in the opening game of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
However, they went on to beat Newport County and Plymouth Argyle 2-1 and 2-0 respectively to secure second spot.
Senior players Jack Cork and former Norwich City loanee Kyle Naughton were part of the side that beat Plymouth in midweek.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way