Norwich City to face Coventry City in second round of EFL Cup
- Credit: @EFLCup on Twitter
Norwich City will host Coventry City in the second round of the EFL Cup.
The Canaries, who were one of the seeded teams in the draw, will face the League One side for the second time in quick succession having beaten the Sky Blues 3-0 at Carrow Road during pre-season.
Goals from Wes Hoolahan, Jacob Murphy and Josh Murphy sealed the win for Norwich that day, as midfielder James Maddsion faced his old club.
Tony Mowbray's team won 3-2 at home to Portsmouth in the first round on Tuesday night but started their league campaign with a 1-0 loss at Swindon on Saturday.
Last season the Canaries reached the fourth round of the League Cup, being beaten 4-3 on penalties at Everton following a 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
The draw for round two of the EFL Cup saw 13 top-flight teams enter the competition, along with relegated sides Newcastle and Norwich – but is already without nine eliminated Championship teams.
The latest second tier side to be knocked out by lower level opposition was Aston Villa, who lost 3-1 at Luton Town, with former Norwich Under-18s captain Cameron McGeehan on target for the League Two victors.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
Ipswich Town were also among the early casualties, losing 1-0 to Stevenage at Portman Road on Tuesday night.
The second round ties will be played in the week commencing Monday, August 22.
QPR v Rochdale
Scunthorpe v Cardiff/Bristol City
Watford v Gillingham
Peterborough v Swansea
Everton v Yeovil
Millwall v Nottm Forest
Sunderland v Shrewsbury
Luton v Leeds
Chelsea v Bristol Rovers/Bristol City
Burton v Liverpool
Blackburn v Crewe
Accrington v Burnley
Crystal Palace v Blackpool
Morecambe v Bournemouth
Preston v Oldham
Oxford v Brighton
Reading v MK Dons
Fulham v Middlesbrough
Newcastle v Cheltenham
Exeter v Hull
Derby v Carlisle
Northampton v West Brom
Wolves v Cambridge
Stevenage v Stoke
Norwich v Coventry