Norwich City striker Simeon Jackson heads a 10-man list of released players
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City officials confirmed on Monday night the release of ten players from the club – headlined by the departure of Canadian international Simeon Jackson.
Jackson, midfielder Korey Smith and defenders Marc Tierney and Elliott Ward will leave Carrow Road when their current deals expire on July 1. Earlier this month it was confirmed former academy graduate Chris Martin had sealed a permanent close season move to Championship club Derby. City youngsters Tom Adeyemi and George Francomb will also not be offered new deals for the 2013/14 season.
Back-up Lee Camp, who made three senior appearances for Chris Hughton's side following his New Year switch to provide goalkeeping cover in the absence of first choice John Ruddy, will not be offered an extension to his original short-term deal. The club also confirmed in a statement released on their official site that development squad players Ramil Sheriff and Olumide Durojaiye have also been released – Durojaiye having already agreed a move to Gary Holt's Falkirk.
The statement read: 'Norwich City football club would like to place on record its sincere thanks to all of the lads for their service and commitment to the Canaries and wish them all the very best for the future.'
Hughton added: 'I'd like to personally thank every single one of these lads, their attitude this season has been first class. They are all top individuals and we wish them all the very best.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency