Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira still on Reading radar says Jaap Stam
Nelson Oliveira’s future as a Norwich City is again in question after Reading manager Jaap Stam confirmed he is still interested in signing the Portuguese striker.
With Thursday’s transfer deadline day drawing ever closer, Stam confirmed that Oliveira and Fulham’s Sone Aluko remain transfer targets.
Stam said: “Aluko and Oliveira are still on my radar.
“We’re always looking for players who can make us better.
“Oliveira is a great striker - he can be a big asset for us. And it’s the same for Aluko.
You may also want to watch:
“He is the type of player I think can make the squad better and give us something different. But it’s not up to me.”
Oliveira was heavily linked with a move to Berkshire last month, and his controversial goal celebration at Fulham on the opening day of the season simply added fuel to the fire that he was unhappy at Carrow Road.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
But peace broke out with head coach Daniel Farke – although if Reading are actually able to put money where their mouths are, it may test City’s resolve – and the fans’ patience.