Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira still on Reading radar says Jaap Stam
Nelson Oliveira’s future as a Norwich City is again in question after Reading manager Jaap Stam confirmed he is still interested in signing the Portuguese striker.
With Thursday’s transfer deadline day drawing ever closer, Stam confirmed that Oliveira and Fulham’s Sone Aluko remain transfer targets.
Stam said: “Aluko and Oliveira are still on my radar.
“We’re always looking for players who can make us better.
“Oliveira is a great striker - he can be a big asset for us. And it’s the same for Aluko.
“He is the type of player I think can make the squad better and give us something different. But it’s not up to me.”
Oliveira was heavily linked with a move to Berkshire last month, and his controversial goal celebration at Fulham on the opening day of the season simply added fuel to the fire that he was unhappy at Carrow Road.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 6 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
- 10 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
But peace broke out with head coach Daniel Farke – although if Reading are actually able to put money where their mouths are, it may test City’s resolve – and the fans’ patience.