Norwich City striker Dieumerci Mbokani on target for DR of Congo against Nigeria
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Dieumerci Mbokani followed up his first Norwich City goal with a strike for his country in a friendly victory over Nigeria last night.
The striker turned home Jordan N'Kololo's pass in just the sixth minute of the Democratic Republic of Congo's clash with their African rivals, which was played in Belgium.
N'Kololo, who plays for Caen in the French top flight, completed the win for the Leopards by making it 2-0 in the 31st minute at the Stade de la Cité de l'Oie in Visé.
Mbokani's goal made it two in two games for the 29-year-old, who is with City on a season-long loan from Dynamo Kiev.
The powerful former Wolfsburg and Anderlecht centre-forward scored his first Canaries goal on Saturday when he came on as a second-half substitute and pulled a goal back in a 2-1 loss to Leicester at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Mbokani played 82 minutes of the match and was joined in the DR of Congo starting XI by two other Premier League players, in Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie and Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 9 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast