Norwich City sign Scotland Under-19 prospect Conor McGrandles from Falkirk
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Young Falkirk midfielder Conor McGrandles has joined Norwich City.
The 18-year-old has signed a three-year contract with an option for a further 12 months and links up again with City assistant manager Gary Holt, who he was managed by at the Scottish Championship club last season.
Officially McGrandles joins for an undisclosed fee but Falkirk have described that fee as a club-record sale for them, even before add-on fees are considered.
'Conor comes highly recommended by Gary after his time there as manager,' City manager Neil Adams told his club's official website.
'He's a dynamic, combative player who can be used anywhere across the midfield, and he's already played plenty of games so he has the ability to compete at senior level.'
McGrandles made 82 senior appearances for the Bairns, scoring eight goals, after making his professional debut aged just 16.
The Scotland Under-19 international added: 'It feels brilliant to be here, a dream come true really. I never expected it to happen so quick, but I'm just really delighted to be here.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
'I know Gary Holt through our time at Falkirk and he was a big factor in me coming here. He told me all about the place and sold it really well.'
McGrandles had also been linked with Aston Villa this summer but the Canaries have managed to secure the teenager's signature.
His profile on Falkirk's official website describes McGrandles as: 'A tricky and skilful wide man who is a great asset in setting up chances and taking them too.
'Likes nothing better than using his dribbling skills to get to the byeline and squaring the ball back into the danger area. Comfortable on either wing, the Banknock lad is an amazing talent at only 18 years of age.'
Falkirk boss Peter Houston told his club's website: 'Conor was always a player who was going to move on and play at a higher level. This was a fantastic opportunity for him and we wish him well at Norwich.
'It is also fantastic for our club – an endorsement of our commitment to our academy and to bringing young players into the first team at a very early stage.
'We said we will only sell another player this window if the offer was absolutely exceptional. This was – and it allows us to strengthen the team and have the funds to look at other developments at the club.'