Norwich City sign Dinamo Zagreb full-back Ivo Pinto
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of Portuguese full-back Ivo Pinto from Dinamo Zagreb, subject to paperwork being completed.
The 26-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Canaries, with the deal reportedly worth around £2.2million.
'I'm very excited to come here and play for a big club in the Premier League,' Pinto told City's website.
'I'm looking forward to starting work to help the team achieve their goals.'
City boss Alex Neil added: 'Ivo has had Champions League experience this season, playing against Arsenal and Bayern Munich where he did very well.
You may also want to watch:
'He's a Portuguese Under-21 international and at only 26 has his best years ahead of him. He is an athletic and good defender and will bring us options at the back.'
The defender has played Champions League football for Zagreb and Romanian side CFR Cluj, and won the Croatian top-flight title with Zagreb in 2014 and 2015.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
The former Boavista and Porto trainee was capped throughout Portugal's youth teams and has been called up for the senior squad in the past but is yet to earn his first cap.