Norwich City sign Dinamo Zagreb full-back Ivo Pinto
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of Portuguese full-back Ivo Pinto from Dinamo Zagreb, subject to paperwork being completed.
The 26-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Canaries, with the deal reportedly worth around £2.2million.
'I'm very excited to come here and play for a big club in the Premier League,' Pinto told City's website.
'I'm looking forward to starting work to help the team achieve their goals.'
City boss Alex Neil added: 'Ivo has had Champions League experience this season, playing against Arsenal and Bayern Munich where he did very well.
'He's a Portuguese Under-21 international and at only 26 has his best years ahead of him. He is an athletic and good defender and will bring us options at the back.'
The defender has played Champions League football for Zagreb and Romanian side CFR Cluj, and won the Croatian top-flight title with Zagreb in 2014 and 2015.
- 1 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
The former Boavista and Porto trainee was capped throughout Portugal's youth teams and has been called up for the senior squad in the past but is yet to earn his first cap.