Norwich City sell 15,000 play-off final tickets in two hours, Middlesbrough suspend selling
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Norwich supporters were still queuing at Carrow Road in numbers today to get their hands on the remaining tickets for the play-off final at Wembley.
There were reports of a 20-minute wait at the stadium's ticket office this afternoon.
And the club's chief executive David McNally said on Monday afternoon that 15,000 tickets were bought by Norwich fans on Saturday evening within a couple of hours.
He added the club will push for more tickets than the allotted 38,888 if they become available.
All season ticket holders and priority members are guaranteed the chance to purchase a ticket for the match if they purchase before Wednesday, May 20 at 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Any tickets left after Wednesday will be put on sale again to season ticket holders and priority members who can buy one more each.
The Canaries have initially been allocated 38,888 seats in the east side of the stadium for the clash against Middlesbrough on Monday, May 25.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 3 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Middlesbrough, meanwhile, sold 17,000 tickets in four hours this morning, the Evening Gazette reported.
Tickets will not be available from the Chapelfield or Castle Mall Canary Stores at any stage.
The Canaries have already sold out a large section of their allocation, but according to the club website ticket availability was still 'very good' on Monday afternoon in five blocks of seats. Check the latest availability here.
•See Tuesday's EDP and Evening News for details of how to win a pair of play-off final tickets.