Norwich City’s Tom Adeyemi hoping for a longer deal at League One Oldham Athletic
Norwich City's on-loan youngster Tom Adeyemi is prepared to consider a permanent move to Oldham if he does not feature in Paul Lambert's long-term plans.
The 20-year-old's immediate priority is to help the Latics reach Wembley in the last game of his current loan spell which runs out after next Monday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy, northern area final, second leg home tie against Chesterfield. Paul Dickov's side need to overturn a 2-1 deficit, and Adeyemi aims to play his part before deciding his next move.
'I guess I would have to see what is put on the table first,' said Adeyemi, who was recently embroiled in a high profile incident of alleged racist abuse during the Latics' FA Cup tie at Liverpool that led to police arresting a home supporter who has since been bailed pending further enquiries. 'Also I'd have to speak to Norwich to see if I'm in their plans for the future and I think that would determine that decision. I'm really enjoying my time here. As it stands my loan is due to finish after the Chesterfield game. I'm hopeful a deal can be done to keep me here for longer.'
Adeyemi played at full-back against Liverpool, but believes he is most effective operating in midfield.
'I definitely think of myself as a central midfielder and when I play there I enjoy it as I can get in the box and our attacking play,' he said. 'I don't have a problem in playing anywhere, it's just good to be on the pitch.'
You may also want to watch:
It was a new thing for me playing right-back but I thought I was able to do it reasonably well. I'm only sitting here on three goals I would have liked maybe had a couple more. I've created a lot of chances for myself and I've been having more shots recently, so maybe in the Chesterfield game it might be time for me to get another one.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash