Norwich City’s Simeon Jackson named Championship Player of the Month
Norwich City's in-form striker Simeon Jackson has been named Championship Player of the Month for April after scoring eight goals in six appearances.
Jackson's goals included hat-tricks against Scunthorpe United and Derby County at Carrow Road, as well as City's third goal in their 5-1 derby demolition of Ipswich Town at Portman Road and the equaliser in the Canaries' 2-2 draw at Watford.
The Canadian striker continued his good form into May after his goal in a 1-0 win at Portsmouth on Monday ensured Norwich City's promotion to the Premier League.
Sky Sports' Football League expert Peter Beagrie sits on the npower Player of the Month judging panel and he said: 'After going more than 20 games without a goal, Jackson produced a show of true marksmanship in April.
'He began May in similar style, scoring the most important goal of his career to secure Norwich an automatic promotion spot.'
npower Head of Sponsorship Emma Collins said: 'Jackson has been the star of a wonderful Norwich side in recent weeks.
'To find the net eight times in one month is superb form, which Jackson will no doubt hope to replicate next season.'
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 7 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 8 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 9 Police return to scene of fatal crash as murder probe continues
- 10 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert missed out on the manager's award to Reading's Brian McDermott.
McDermott's Royals started April with a five-match winning sequence to secure Reading a play-off spot and the chance to clinch a return to the Premier League.