Norwich City’s Nathan Redmond named in England Under-21 provisional squad for Euro Championship finals
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Nathan Redmond has been included in a provisional 27-man England Under-21 squad for this summer's European Championship finals in the Czech Republic.
Redmond was an ever-present for Gareth Southgate's Young Lions during the qualification campaign and has made the long list ahead of Southgate reducing his squad to 23.
The Three Lions depart for the Czech Republic next month where they have been drawn in the second group alongside Italy, Portugal and Sweden. The hosts are in group A along with Denmark, Germany and Serbia for the tournament which runs from June 17 to 30.
Redmond is preparing for Norwich's Championship play-off final against Middlesbrough on Bank Holiday with the Teessiders also represented through Ben Gibson and on-loan Chelsea forward Patrick Bamford.
The provisional list also includes the likes of ex-City loanee and prolific Tottenham striker Harry Kane and the competition's top scorer Saido Berahino.
You may also want to watch:
There is a first call-up for young Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who was a regular in the England U19s squad this season and recently made his Premier League debut for the Stamford Bridge club.
Southgate's final 23-man squad will join up at St George's Park to begin their preparations on June 2 before returning for a second week on Monday June 8.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
They will then take on Belarus at Barnsley's Oakwell in a final game before they fly out to their Euro base in Olomouc on Sunday June 14.
England's first group game is against Portugal in Uherske Hradiste on Thursday June 18, before they face Sweden in Olomouc three days later.
The final group fixture against Italy takes place on Wednesday June 24, again in Olomouc.