Norwich City’s Martin Olsson ruled out of Sweden’s World Cup qualifier with thigh injury
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City left-back Martin Olsson has pulled out of Sweden's squad for Friday's World Cup qualifier against France with a thigh injury.
The 28-year-old reported for duty with his country but is now set to return to his club after being assessed by Sweden's medical staff. Olsson played the full 90 minutes for the Canaries in Saturday's 3-2 Championship defeat to Leeds United.
The defender has been an ever-present for Sweden in their early qualifiers, who travel to Paris for Friday's top-of-the-table meeting in Group A with both countries on seven points from their first three games.
Olsson missed a month of Norwich's Championship season in August after suffering a hamstring injury in the opening two Championship games against old club Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday.
The Swede's club mate, Youssouf Mulumbu, has travelled to meet up with the DR Congo squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifier on Sunday against Guinea after recovering from a broken foot injury. Mulumbu has not played for the Canaries since the EFL Cup win at Everton on September 20 but has returned to training in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
City return to Championship action following the international break when they face QPR on November 19.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets