Norwich City’s longest away trip of the season at Cardiff City is moved to a Friday night kick-off due to rugby clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's longest away trip of the Championship season, at Cardiff City, has been moved to a Friday night kick-off.
The match was originally due to be played on Saturday, December 2 but would have clashed with a rugby union fixture at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, with Wales due to face South Africa.
That has caused the match at the Cardiff City Stadium to be brought forward to a 7.45pm kick-off on Friday December 1.
The 550-mile round trip is the longest of any facing Canaries supporters in the coming campaign, ahead of the 506-mile journey to Sunderland.
The announcement follows on from date changes for seven fixtures being announced, including moving both derby fixtures with Ipswich to midday kick-offs on a Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
However, the latest fixtures chosen for broadcast by Sky Sports were announced this morning and are yet to have further affected any of the City fixtures in August or September.
The full changes are:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
Sun, August 13: Sunderland, Carrow Road (1.30pm)
Weds, August 16: Queens Park Rangers, Carrow Road (7.45pm)
Sun, October 22: Ipswich Town, Portman Road (12pm)
Fri, December 1: Cardiff City, Cardiff City Stadium (7.45pm)
Fri, December 22: Brentford, Carrow Road (7.45pm)
Sun, February 18: Ipswich Town, Carrow Road (12pm)
Weds, February 21: Wolverhampton Wanderers, Molineux (7.45pm)
Fri, March 30: Fulham, Carrow Road (3pm)