Norwich City’s Jacob Murphy looking forward to season-long loan at Coventry
- Credit: Daniel Hambury/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City starlet Jacob Murphy is looking forward to finally settling into a full season of first-team action.
The 20-year-old winger signed an improved deal with the Canaries, before beginning his season-long loan at League One promotion hopefuls Coventry.
The Sky Blues followed their opening two wins with a 3-2 home victory against Crewe last night, with Jim O'Brien's late goal seeing them home.
The hard-fought win kept Tony Mowbray's side at the top of the fledgling table. Murphy had to be content with the role of an unused substitute last night but a full senior campaign is exactly what he wanted after seasons spent waiting for sporadic first-team involvement at the Canaries, while completing short-term loans at Swindon, Southend and Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Colchester. That last stint at the Us ended by securing a last-day great escape from League One relegation.
'There was a lot of ongoing contract stuff and it was just a case of getting that sorted before getting out on loan to get some more football,' Murphy told the Coventry Telegraph.
You may also want to watch:
'It's been going on for a few weeks with the two clubs trying to get everything agreed but I knew Coventry would be at the right end of the table this year and that this is the right move for me.
'It's nice to be here for the whole season. I have had five loans before this and they were all one month or three months, and you don't really get much time to become part of the family.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
'I don't think it will be too long before I get to know the young lads and be good friends with everyone, and I'm really looking forward to my spell here because it's an exciting team to come into.'