Norwich City’s Jacob Butterfield joins Bolton on loan
Norwich City's Jacob Butterfield has joined Championship side Bolton Wanderers on an emergency loan deal until December 8.
The midfielder joined the Canaries in the summer from Barnsley but with competition for places fierce - and following a long absence with a knee injury - City boss Chris Hughton believes the 22-year-old needs more match action: 'It was a tough decision, because we brought Jacob here in the summer, and he has been involved in squads but hasn't had the minutes on the football pitch that he would have liked.
'He's quite a way from having played regular football, so it's a really good opportunity for him in a short period of time to get some games under his belt, and then of course come back here even stronger.
'The only reason he's going out on loan is to get games, and at this particular moment we are able to do that because we haven't got too many injuries.
'He has done well here, trained well here, and we could be selfish and keep him here, but we have to look at it from the club's point of view that we want him firing on all cylinders.
You may also want to watch:
'We were also very conscious of where he went, and when the opportunity came for him to go to a club of the stature of Bolton Wanderers at Championship level, that certainly had something to do with the decision.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival