Norwich City’s Elliott Ward re-joins Nottingham Forest on loan
- Credit: Archant copyright 2012
Norwich City defender Elliott Ward has returned to Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season.
The 27-year-old made 12 appearances for Forest in an initial nine-week spell that came to an end after December's 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace.
Chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi said: 'Elliott proved how valuable to our squad he can be during his initial loan spell with us.
'He made it clear he wanted to come back to the Club for the remainder of the season and we're delighted to have him here.'
Ward said: 'It feels good to be back. I've had eight days back with Norwich and was on the bench for their FA Cup tie at Peterborough last weekend.
'But I knew something might happen with Forest and it was just a case of waiting and hoping.
'I'm glad things have been sorted out at Forest because I really enjoyed my initial loan spell with the club.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 10 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
'The deal is to see if the manager is happy with me and if he is hopefully a permanent move will be there at the end of my loan.
'But all I'm concerned with at the moment is playing well and doing well for the team and then we'll see what happens in the future.'
Forest manager Alex McLeish said earlier in the week: 'We are looking at Ward. That is a situation that is on-going. We are talking to Norwich about that one.
'We want to get him back, it is possible, but it depends on the kind of deal that can be done.
'We are probably looking at another loan, just so I can have a look at him, perhaps with a view to making it more permanent beyond that.'
Ward links up with fellow Norwich City defender Daniel Ayala after the Spaniard joined Forest on a season-long loan deal during the summer.