Norwich City’s Elliott Bennett is a right-back in the making for Alex Neil
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is convinced Elliott Bennett can challenge for a Premier League start in a new full-back role with Norwich City.
Bennett sparkled when switched to defence for City's final Carrow Road league game last season against Fulham, and Neil believes that is where the 26-year-old can make his mark.
The City boss revealed Bennett is ready to embrace a potential positional change after moving to Norwich as an exciting wide player back in 2011.
'Obviously there is gaps in the squad that need to be filled at the moment, when you see someone like Bradley Johnson playing at left-back, but Elliott played there towards the end of last season and it is a position he is quite keen to see just how well he can do,' said Neil. 'At the moment we are just looking at that as an option. I have spoken to Elliott and where he sees himself playing and where I see him playing and his capabilities and that is obviously why I have put him in that role.'
Neil admits Bennett's positive attitude is indicative of the characters under his command.
You may also want to watch:
'That makes my job easier,' he said. 'If you look at the squad we have a lot of boys who were here the last time Norwich were in the Premier League and they wanted to stay and be a part of it. I think they really do love Norwich City, a lot have been here for a number of years, and they do hurt if they or the team are not playing well. That gives me a great basis to work from because it means so much to the club.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend