Norwich City’s Colney training ground shut down for deep clean following sickness bug
- Credit: Steve Adams
Norwich City's Colney training ground has been closed down until Tuesday after members of the squad were hit by a sickness bug.
Alex Neil revealed that Sergi Canos and Alex Pritchard were sent home from Carrow Road prior to kick-off on Saturday and Jacob Murphy, Cameron Jerome and Alex Tettey had all been suffering with the same illness.
The decision was made to close the training ground at Colney until Tuesday so that it could be disinfected.
'All of them had the same symptoms,' said Neil. ' We have had a bug going around and it sounds like we are now in the midst of it.
'We are going to shut the training ground and get it disinfected and get the cleaners in to make sure it is all spick and span.
You may also want to watch:
'I want all the lads in their houses and then hopefully they can come back in on Tuesday ready to go.'
Despite the spate of sickness, the Canaries battled to a 2-0 victory over Birmingham City with goals from Jerome and Timm Klose.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 City confirm midfielder exit
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival