Norwich City’s best-ever goal at Carrow Road? You decide
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's 5-1 Championship romp against Nottingham Forest will live long in the memory for some special Carrow Road goals.
Jonny Howson's dipping, controlled volley from outside the penalty area opened the floodgates in what has now sparked a furious debate not simply if it is City's best goal of this season but even the best in one scintillating 90 minutes against the two-time European Cup winners.
Wes Hoolahan's entry, barely eight minutes later in an entertaining first-half, was in its own way another thing of beauty.
One touch to control Josh Murphy's rebound and one to unleash a delicious long range lob over the stranded Stephen Henderson. Both equally magnificent in their execution and two more for the back catalogue of fantastic goals seen at the Canaries' spiritual home down the ages.
With apologies to those with longer memories of goals scored by the boys in green and yellow when it was two points for a win and the play-offs were a figment of the late, great football innovator Jimmy Hill's imagination, click on the attached timeline to remember some classics.
You may also want to watch:
Then cast your vote for what is the greatest goal scored by a Norwich City player in the modern era at Carrow Road.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000