Norwich City’s 2016/17 Championship season: Rate the players
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Dull is not a word you would use to label Norwich City's inconsistent Championship campaign, and now it is time for you to rate the players.
Alex Neil led the squad into an opening day 4-1 romp at Blackburn. His former first team coach, Alan Irvine, was there to finish it on an emphatic note against QPR in a 4-0 victory last weekend. In between there were plenty of goals at both ends of the pitch, and similar levels of frustration, that culminated in Neil's exit and a failed attempt to return to the Premier League at the first shot.
John Ruddy, along with six of the old guard, were told they would not be offered new deals, but Ruddy was able to savour a winning send off at Carrow Road.
There were bright spots amidst that sense of acute disappointment. Jacob Murphy blossomed as a regular Championship performer for his club while twin Josh finished the campaign strongly, and Alex Pritchard was a stand out over the run-in under Irvine.
Newly-crowned player-of-the-year Wes Hoolahan scored his 50th goal for the Canaries and captain Russell Martin made his 300th appearance in two notable personal landmarks. But how would you rank each City performer over the duration? We have selected all the senior players who made 10 or more appearances this past season, excluding Martin Olsson and Robbie Brady, who departed in the January transfer window.
You may also want to watch:
• Cast your votes in the attached poll
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Man and woman found dead in home
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'