Norwich City rumour mill: Huddersfield join long list of Premier League admirers keen on Maddison
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Huddersfield are the latest Premier League club to be added to the long list of admirers monitoring Norwich City star James Maddison.
The Sun's transfer expert Alan Nixon included the link in his latest 'Boss of Goss' column, suggesting that Huddersfield head coach David Wagner has personally scouted the 21-year-old playmaker and will make a move if his side avoid relegation.
The Terriers are just three points above the drop zone with seven games remaining after a 2-0 home defeat to relegation rivals Crystal Palace yesterday.
Nixon suggests the Canaries want 'about £15million' for their prized asset, who rolled home a penalty and delivered the corner from which Grant Hanley scored during City's 3-2 home win over Reading on Saturday.
That took his personal contribution to 14 goals and 10 assists from 41 games in an incredible first full season as a Norwich player for the Coventry City academy product, signed in a deal worth around £2.5m in January 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Huddersfield signed Alex Pritchard from Norwich in a deal reportedly worth around £12m in January, who has so far scored once and created another in seven games.
Maddison's impressive form has now seen him linked with most top-flight clubs, including Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United, Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Bournemouth.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
It looks increasingly likely that Norwich will struggle to keep hold of Maddison as a mid-table Championship finish looms but with so many clubs interested in the England U21 international, an auction could see his price tag continue to rise.
Maddison was named as the top English player in the Championship, according to Sky Sports' Power Rankings earlier this week. He has been nominated for a host of monthly awards this season and has twice won the Championship Goal of the Month award.
The midfielder and City colleague Angus Gunn are away with the England U21s during the international break, for a friendly against Poland and a qualifier against Ukraine.