Norwich City receive cheque for �210,354 from Norwich and Peterborough Building Society
Norwich City Football Club received a cheque for �210,354 from Norwich and Peterborough Building Society (N&P) on Saturday.
The cheque was presented to City's chief executive, David McNally, on the Carrow Road pitch during half-time of City's 2-0 Premier League win against Bolton Wanderers.
The Canaries receive an annual bonus payment from N&P from money saved by City supporters through an N&P Canary Account.
The latest figure of �210,354 brings the total amount given to the football club from the Canary Account since it was launched in 1997 to �3.6m.
N&P's general manager for sales and marketing, Mike Sketch, said: 'We're very proud of our continuing involvement with the Canaries, and are delighted to see a local club in the Premiership and performing so well.
You may also want to watch:
'The passion of the fans is superb, as demonstrated by the amount they've raised for the club by saving with N&P.'
The cheque presentation also made it 14 consecutive years that the account has generated a six-figure sum for the club.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Head of sales and marketing at Carrow Road, Will Hoy, added: 'Thousands of Norwich City supporters, saving money within the Canary Account, have yet again helped the club receive another considerable cheque from N&P and we thank all our current Canary Account holders on achieving this latest figure.
'We would also like to extend our thanks to N&P as a loyal, long-standing partner of the football club and thank you to all their staff for their continued support.'