Norwich City name Irish coffee company The Galway Roast as sponsor of Carrow Road South Stand
- Credit: JASON DAWSON/JASONPIX
Norwich City announced on Wednesday that the former Jarrold Stand at Carrow Road will be renamed as the South Stand sponsored by The Galway Roast.
This paper revealed at the beginning of the month that the club had decided to end their 12-year partnership with Jarrold, who had sponsored the South Stand since its £8m redevelopment.
The Galway Roast will be sponsoring the South Stand, while also supplying their coffee to all hospitality areas and matchday kiosks inside Carrow Road.
Niall Murphy, The Galway Roast owner along with his business partner John Murphy, said: 'The Galway Roast are delighted to be partnering with Norwich City in this exciting new chapter in the Club's history, bringing the historic South Stand name back to Carrow Road for the Club and its fans.
'As a lifelong Norwich City supporter having been taken to my first game as a ten-year-old and with family still in the city, to have The Galway Roast name on the South Stand and our coffee being served in the ground is a very proud moment.'
The Irish company began life as a café in Tuam, County Galway ten years ago and now has three outlets in Ireland. It opened its first store in the UK in Norwich on May 20 on London Street.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City's Director of Commercial Ben Kensell said of the new partnership: 'This is an exciting new sponsorship which strengthens our partnership with The Galway Roast, a successful family business with strong ties to Norwich City, as well as bringing back the South Stand name to Carrow Road, a significant part of our stadium's history.
'I would also like to place on record our thanks to previous suppliers Debbie Harris and the team at Wilkinson's of Norwich for their unwavering support and service over recent years.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
The official opening of the South Stand sponsored by The Galway Roast will take place before the Canaries' pre-season friendly against Coventry City on July 26.