Norwich City midfielder Wes Hoolahan is not taking Premier League start for granted
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wes Hoolahan hopes he has nailed down a starting spot for Norwich City's big Premier League return against Crystal Palace after a virtuoso finish in the pre-season finale against Brentford.
Hoolahan cheekily lobbed Bees' stranded stopper David Button to set Alex Neil's men on their way to a 2-1 home win, as they gear up for the Eagles' visit to Carrow Road this weekend.
'You would think you might be in with a chance of starting, having played in this game, but we have a lot of great players here and a great squad so whoever comes in you know will be ready to put a great shift in,' said the Irishman.
'With this gaffer he is always determined to win and he demands 100pc from all the boys so if you put that in then you will get chances to play.
'It is nice to score. Jonny (Howson) put a great throughball in and I saw the keeper coming out so obviously I was just trying to lob it over him. I was actually glad it went in because when I first hit it I thought I had missed but it settled nicely in the net.
You may also want to watch:
'You always want to add the goals as well as creating stuff so now I want to try and keep it going.
'We played them here last season and they managed to get the better of us so from that point of view it was a good test for Palace and the Premier League.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 3 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
City avoid Bees sting – see Pink Un inside today's Evening News