Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett extends Brighton loan stay
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett will remain on loan at Championship rivals Brighton until the end of December after extending his initial stay.
Bennett has made two appearances for his previous club since a move to the south coast, but sat out last weekend's 3-3 Championship draw against the Seagulls under the terms of his original deal.
The 25-year-old will stay with Brighton for another month after completing the expected extension on the final day of the Football League emergency loan deadline.
Seagulls' boss Sami Hyypia made it clear on Wednesday he wanted to keep Bennett at the Amex Stadium after a positive impact ahead of what would have been the final game of his original loan spell this weekend against Fulham.
'We are trying to extend Elliott's loan, because I really like him as a character as well as a player,' he said. 'He can help the team to be better. I would very much like to extend his stay. I am quite optimistic that it will happen. He wants to stay as well. I'm pretty sure that we can make a deal with everyone that he can stay here. I think we are talking about one month more.'
You may also want to watch:
Bennett's two appearances so far have brought a Championship win over Wigan and a point at Blackburn. The extended deal means the City loanee will now be eligible for Brighton through the Christmas schedule up to and including the match against Fulham at Craven Cottage on December 29.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go