Norwich City midfielder Alex Tettey proudly shows fans his new personalised boots
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Tettey has been showing off his latest proud possessions after receiving a new pair of personalised football boots.
The tough-tackling Norwich City midfielder posted a video on his @Tettinho86 Instagram account to show fans his eye-catching green boots.
One boot bears the flag of the 30-year-old's native Ghana and the other the flag of Norway, the country the popular Canaries battler represented in international football. One boot also has the words 'Milan 30.06.14', believed to represent the birth date of Tettey's son.
The former Rennes midfielder was born in Accra, the capital of Ghana, but moved to the town of Bodø in northern Norway, north of the Arctic Circle, at the age of 13.
He then began his professional career with Rosenborg and went on to score three goals in 34 games for Norway, before announcing his international retirement earlier this month due to his body struggling with the physical strain of life in the Championship.
Tettey has made 33 appearances for Norwich this season, with his combative style seeing him pick up 11 yellow cards and have to miss three games through suspension during the campaign. In total he has made 146 appearances for City, scoring six goals.
Watch the video of Tettey's new boots above.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre