Norwich City linked with Brighton’s Elliott Bennett
Brighton winger Elliott Bennett is reported to be Norwich City's latest transfer target.
Weekend reports claim the Seagulls have rejected a bid from the Canaries for the 22-year-old former Wolves forward.
Brighton manager Gus Poyet said: 'We don't want to sell and we are going to fight to keep him.'
Telford-born Bennett signed a three-year deal with Brighton when he moved from Molineux in 2009 and has made 76 first team appearances, scoring 13 goals.
He scored for the League One leaders in Saturday's 3-1 home win against Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
Said Poyet: 'I hope we can get better all together, as a team, as a manager, as players. If somebody leaves first that's football. If there is a moment when something doesn't work then I am sure somebody will move on but we need him.'
Ken Brown, Brighton's managing director, refused to confirm whether an offer had been made by the Canaries.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
But he admitted: 'There has been interest. It wasn't sought, it is not welcome and it has been declined.'
Bennett took the eye against City in last season's League One match at the Withdean Stadium when he gave them the lead before late goals from Grant Holt and Gary Doherty secured a 2-1 win.