Norwich City Ladies slip to narrow Women’s Premier League defeat after drawing a home blank
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies were made to pay for their wastefulness in front of goal as they failed to score for the second match in a row.
The Canaries – who had originally been scheduled to host unbeaten Women's Premier League (WPL) South East Division One leaders Crystal Palace – welcomed an Enfield Town side they had drawn 0-0 against on March 27. But they couldn't improve, or match, that away point on Sunday when they slipped to a narrow home defeat.
City head coach James Buhlemann said: 'We struggled to get into any sort of rhythm. We couldn't take the chances we created when we had sustained pressure in the first half. It was much the same in the second half but the Enfield keeper made some good saves, particularly in time added on from Ellen Swift and Paige Shorten. We didn't really get out of first gear but our keeper Jade Nicholson was rarely tested. Poor finishing cost us.'
Nuala McKevitt's scrambled first-half goal sunk Norwich, who visit Palace on Sunday.
Norwich: Jade Nicholson; Bryony Radley, Kate Parsons (captain), Anna Larkins, Erin Wilson (Brooke Osborne, 46); Ellen Swift; Ebony Wiseman, Emily Lewin, Paige Shorten; Tash Snelling, Chelsea Garrett.
You may also want to watch:
* Lowestoft Town, who host Denham United this weekend, were thumped 6-0 at home by Gillingham.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low