Norwich City Ladies score six in impressive away win
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City showed no mercy on Division 1N newcomers St Neots, coming away with an emphatic 6-1 victory.
City drove forward early on, with Ellie Brine sweeping home their opener only for the hosts to get the ball past Summer Haylock to equalise.
This was a wake-up call and City then took charge. Olivia Williams dived to deflect in a short corner before Krystal Bishop scored with an acute angle finish to make it 3-1 at the break.
City came out for the second half on a charge and Bishop set up Williams to extend the lead before further goals from Micayla Tootill and Abbie Ingham completing a comprehensive win.
Dereham were disappointed with their 1-1 home draw with Newmarket after dominating the game but failing to capitalise on their lead.
You may also want to watch:
The hard work from the midfield of Sarah Steele, Georgie Edwards, Becca Colman and Grace Cresswell paid off in the second half when captain Colman put away a well-worked short corner.
Dereham held onto the lead until the last play of the game when Newmarket put away a short corner of their own.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
In the same section Harleston Magpies II hammered Lowestoft 7-0 while Watton lost 3-1 at Wisbech.
In the top flight a depleted Norwich Dragons made the long journey to Kent to take on Maidstone and were beaten 1-0.
The first half saw chances for both sides, with Dragons goalkeeper Siobhan Cleeve making some crucial saves. After the break Hayley Toleman saw a penalty flick saved before Maidstone capitalised on a moment of disorganisation to break through and score.
The last 10 minutes saw the Dragons press the ball high up the pitch but chances and short corners came to nothing.
Norwich City II saw off Yarmouth 2-1 in Division 2NE, with all the goals coming after the break. Hannah Jarvis and Milly Brown put City two up before the visitors pulled one back.
Like their neighbours, Dragons II have also started the season with two wins. They beat visitors Magpies III 4-2 thanks to goals from Emma Tabrett, Laura Ward, Hannah Hardy and Maddy Reynolds, who was player of the match along with Marie James.