Norwich City Ladies bow out of Women’s FA Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Ladies bowed out of the Women's Premier League Cup after a 5-0 defeat at home to Cardiff City Ladies.
The Canaries were the underdogs going into the game against the Bluebirds, who operate in the league above City in the FA Women's Premier League Southern Division and so it proved.
The Welsh side were simply too good for Norwich, who will be looking to bounce back from their disappointment when they travel to Stevenage Ladies on Sunday in South East Division One.
The Canaries have played two games so far this season as they bounced back from their defeat on the opening day of the season against Enfield Ladies to hit seven without reply against Haringey Borough Ladies.
Norwich will be hoping for less drama than they experienced last season when they had to win their last two games to guarantee avoiding relegation. They duly went on to beat Lowestoft Town and Luton Town to stay in the South East Division One.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life