Norwich City handed boost as Matt Jarvis declared fit for Premier League trip to Stoke City
- Credit: PA
Matt Jarvis is in line to make his Norwich City return at the Britannia Stadium tomorrow night.
The wideman has been sidelined for almost three months after injuring his knee during the 2-1 Premier League defeat at Manchester City. But he could make his long-awaited comeback against Stoke City after boss Alex Neil confirmed the 29-year-old is fit enough to finally be involved again.
The Canaries manager said: 'Matt Jarvis will be involved in the squad for the game at Stoke.
'He's a good player. Not so long ago he got bought for just over £10million and he's showed his qualities at other clubs. He certainly had a real impact for us when he first came in and we'll be hoping that will happen again.'
Jarvis made seven appearances, scoring two goals, before his impressive start to life at Carrow Road ground to a halt. During his time in the treatment room, Norwich made the winger's loan move from West Ham United a permanent one.
You may also want to watch:
Neil has no fresh injury worries to contend with following Saturday's 3-0 FA Cup defeat to Man City. The trip to Stoke will however come too soon for new signing Ivo Pinto.
Neil added: 'I think Ivo still just needs to do a little bit of adapting to the English game.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
'That's not based on anything I've seen. It's just the fact that he's come off a mid-season break and hasn't been playing for the last two or three weeks. He's also going from one culture to another, which is completely different for him, and we've got other guys who are competing and doing well at the moment at right-back.
'I'm just going to try and get him up to speed as quickly as we can and we'll look to include him.'