Norwich City handed boost as Matt Jarvis declared fit for Premier League trip to Stoke City
- Credit: PA
Matt Jarvis is in line to make his Norwich City return at the Britannia Stadium tomorrow night.
The wideman has been sidelined for almost three months after injuring his knee during the 2-1 Premier League defeat at Manchester City. But he could make his long-awaited comeback against Stoke City after boss Alex Neil confirmed the 29-year-old is fit enough to finally be involved again.
The Canaries manager said: 'Matt Jarvis will be involved in the squad for the game at Stoke.
'He's a good player. Not so long ago he got bought for just over £10million and he's showed his qualities at other clubs. He certainly had a real impact for us when he first came in and we'll be hoping that will happen again.'
Jarvis made seven appearances, scoring two goals, before his impressive start to life at Carrow Road ground to a halt. During his time in the treatment room, Norwich made the winger's loan move from West Ham United a permanent one.
Neil has no fresh injury worries to contend with following Saturday's 3-0 FA Cup defeat to Man City. The trip to Stoke will however come too soon for new signing Ivo Pinto.
Neil added: 'I think Ivo still just needs to do a little bit of adapting to the English game.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 4 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 5 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 8 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 9 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 10 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
'That's not based on anything I've seen. It's just the fact that he's come off a mid-season break and hasn't been playing for the last two or three weeks. He's also going from one culture to another, which is completely different for him, and we've got other guys who are competing and doing well at the moment at right-back.
'I'm just going to try and get him up to speed as quickly as we can and we'll look to include him.'