Norwich City Under-23s beaten 3-0 at home by Exeter
- Credit: Norwich City
A youthful Norwich City Under-23 side suffered a disappointing 3-0 defeat at the hands of Exeter City at Colney last night.
The hosts more than held their own in an even first half but it was a different story after the break, with the Grecians taking charge of the League Cup Group D encounter.
It took an excellent save to deny Josh Coley before the break but the visitors got their noses in front eight minutes after the restart when Alex Hartridge headed home.
They made it 2-0 just past the hour mark and wrapped up the win on 76 minutes with another header, this time from Josh Key.
A couple of minutes later recent signing Kole Lambert came on for his Under-23s debut and he nearly pulled one back with a header from a Coley cross.
City Under-23s: McCracken, Kamal, Barkarson, Lomas, Ekumah, Milovanovic (Lambert 76), Thorvaldsson, Payne, Idah, Scully, Coley. Subs unused: Keller, Dronfield, Johnson.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite