Norwich City fan Paul Warne plotting downfall of Shrews’ Canaries in play-off final
- Credit: PA
The League One play-off final will have a distinctly Norfolk feel to it after Paul Warne's Rotherham earned themselves a Wembley showdown with Shrewsbury Town.
Norwich-born Warne – a fan of his hometown club who also played non-league football for Wroxham – will be hoping to end the promotion dreams of the Shrews' on-loan Canaries Ben Godfrey and Carton Morris.
Goals from Richard Wood and Will Vaulks at the New York Stadium secured victory over Scunthorpe after the first leg had finished 2-2, with former Canaries youngster Cameron McGeehan netting a late equaliser for the Iron. The Millers, relegated last season, went ahead through Wood's smart header. Vaulks added a second from close range, before Scunthorpe had captain Rory McArdle sent off.
Shrewsbury made it through after beating Charlton 1-0 on Sunday, with Morris netting the winner, for a 2-0 aggregate score.
The play-off final is on Sunday, May 27.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests