Norwich City fans prove they are best in the land after more than 20,000 snap up season tickets
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Norwich City's incredible fans have proved they are simply the best once more by snapping up more season tickets this year than at the same point last season - despite being relegated from the Premier League.
A total of 20,518 ground (non-corporate) season tickets have now been purchased, an increase on the number sold at the same point prior to last year's Barclays Premier League season.
Renewals account for 19,335 of those sales, while 1,183 new season ticket holders have swelled the ranks having joined from the waiting list. There are still 533 on the waiting list – supporters can add their name to the list for a full refundable deposit of £50 or £10 for under-17s by calling 0844 826 1902.
While ground season ticket sales are now closed, there are still a limited number of corporate season tickets available – to book yours, call the sales team on 0844 826 1902 (option 2).
City Chief Executive David McNally paid tribute to the loyalty and passion of the Yellow Army as they prepare to get behind Neil Adams' Canaries home and away next season.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Every club says they have the best supporters around of course, but the loyalty and commitment of our fans continues to set the very highest of standards as these latest season ticket figures illustrate.
'Everyone at the Club is hugely grateful for the backing of our fans at Carrow Road and of course at away games, where our attendance figures are also excellent.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
'As always our commitment to supporters is that every spare penny raised via ticket sales and other income-generating areas will be re-invested into football.'