Norwich City face anxious wait over injured duo Robbie Brady and Steven Naismith
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's latest Premier League setback was compounded by two more injury concerns to Robbie Brady and Steven Naismith.
Both will be assessed over the coming days by the club's medical staff after precautionary early exits at the Liberty Stadium.
Brady lasted only 27 minutes with a calf problem in an eventual cameo that also earned the Republic of Ireland international a booking before Naismith, who only returned to the side after missing the previous defeat to Chelsea with signs of fatigue, making way with a hamstring concern.
Andre Wisdom and Seb Bassong, however, are poised to return to training ahead of Manchester City's weekend visit after being sidelined during recent weeks.
'Seb was close (for Swansea) and I would anticipate he will train this week,' said Neil, speaking immediately after the 1-0 defeat. 'Losing Robbie so early in the game was a blow because he is a big player for us and then Steven Naismith later on with a hamstring problem. That certainly doesn't help our cause but we just need to wait. I think both felt the injuries and we got them off as soon as we could. I don't think it is tears or anything like that, there was a bit of discomfort and they were not capable of moving properly so they put their hands up.'
You may also want to watch:
Bassong's absence has arguably helped January signing Timm Klose cement his place in central defence and the Swiss international was again one of the few consistent Norwich performers.
'I thought particularly in the second half when the game was stretched he did well and I think we are seeing the signs of what he can do,' said Neil. 'He came off the back of a mid-term break in Germany and when you adapt to a new country it takes a bit of time.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship