Norwich City duo Sebastien Bassong and Ricky van Wolfswinkel to miss Dereham friendly trip
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Sebastien Bassong and Ricky van Wolfswinkel are the notable absentees from Norwich City's 21-man squad announced for Saturday's pre-season opener at non league neighbours Dereham Town.
The duo have not been included for the short trip to Aldiss Park, although both returned to pre-season training with the rest of Neil Adams' squad. Republic of Ireland pair Wes Hoolahan and Anthony Pilkington will also not be involved after being given extra time off having featured for the Irish on their summer tour of the USA which only concluded in early June.
Swedish international Martin Olsson is also omitted. The full-back was set to undergo surgery on a shoulder injury at the start of the summer after playing through the pain barrier for the majority of the second half of City's Premier League season. City's new signings Lewis Grabban and Kyle Lafferty are both included in the party and are expected to feature.
Adams has already pledged to give the majority of the squad on duty at the Magpies some game-time with Norwich also poised to visit Conference Premier Braintree Town on Tuesday before flying out for a three-date training camp in Italy.
• Norwich City squad: John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin, Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Jonny Howson, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Luciano Becchio, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy, Declan Rudd, Alexander Tettey, Andrew Surman, Adel Gafaiti.
You may also want to watch:
• Tickets for Dereham game are still on sale but the Magpies are advising supporters to book in advance by calling the club on 01362 690460. Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £1 for children under-16, with car parking passes £2. Tickets will also be available on the turnstile from 1pm on Saturday.
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues