Norwich City defender Harry Toffolo joins Rotherham United on loan
- Credit: Submitted
Norwich City's young full-back Harry Toffolo has joined Championship strugglers Rotherham United on a one-month emergency loan deal.
Toffolo could make his Millers' debut in Tuesday's home league game against promotion hopefuls Reading, subject to the paperwork being completed, and will join Norwich team mate Tony Andreu at the New York Stadium.
The highly-rated academy graduate travelled to Yorkshire yesterday and trained with his new team mates on Monday morning. Toffolo made his senior debut for City against the Millers in the 1-0 Capital One Cup win back in August.
'I first heard the news yesterday morning,' the 20-year-old told the Millers' official site. 'I was getting ready to spend my Sunday with my girlfriend but then I got the news from my agent, and I was very keen to come to Rotherham. I really enjoyed the game earlier in the season with Norwich. I was impressed with the stadium from the minute I turned up, so I am looking forward to playing here for Rotherham now. I have trained today and all the lads have been great with me so I am really excited now to be here.
'I spoke to them (Tony and Vadis Ofoe) and also to John Swift who I played with at Swindon last season, and they were all very complimentary about the place. Tony has been involved here so it has been good to see him and knowing him already will help me settle in.
'Everyone has been really good to me and made me feel welcome. It can be quite intimidating going into a new club and new environment, but here it has been great.'
The 20-year-old, who represented England's Under-20s during the last international break, impressed during a season-long loan stint at Swindon Town last season which culminated in a Wembley play-off final appearance.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
Toffolo was a key part of the Canaries' pre-season build up but Alex Neil admitted recently the defender is likely to find first team opportunities this season limited behind Martin Olsson and Robbie Brady.
The former FA Youth Cup winner joins a large contingent of City players currently on loan in the Football League.