Norwich City defender Harry Toffolo extends Rotherham loan stay
- Credit: PA
Norwich City defender Harry Toffolo will stay with Championship club Rotherham United on loan until January 16.
The 20-year-old initial emergency deal ran out prior to the weekend's 1-0 derby win over Leeds but Toffolo came on as a second half substitute at Elland Road and the Canaries have now confirmed Toffolo's loan extension - subject to Football League, Premier League and FA ratification.
Toffolo was Neil Redfearn's first signing back in October and has so far made six appearances for the Millers.
'For me personally, I obviously came to Rotherham to gain regular first team football, and I am grateful for that opportunity,' he told Rotherham's official site. 'The Championship is a tough league. It's relentless at times, and requires you to hone your game both mentality and physically. I know it's a bit of a cliché, but anyone really can beat anyone on their day, which is why it's important to string together a couple of good results. Confidence breeds confidence, and with a bit more fortune, the only way for Rotherham is up.
'As a player, you just want to play football and be the best that you can be, and I'm grateful that both the gaffer (Neil Redfearn) and Norwich have given me the chance to shine and continue to push on, which has been great.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 6 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 7 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 8 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 9 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods