Norwich City Debate special - Your questions on the Canaries’ clearout
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber has wielded his axe with seven players being told their contracts won't be renewed this summer.
John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett are the standout names to be told they won't form any part of the club's future from next season.
City had options on both players to renew their deals but they have decided they can pursue better value elsewhere.
Many fans will be glad to see the back of the other five players after an underwhelming campaign, which ultimately cost Alex Neil his job.
Sebastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Steven Whittaker, Youssouf Mulumbu and Kyle Lafferty have all been deemed surplus to requirements.
Meanwhile the club also revealed that both Harry Toffolo and Declan Rudd have had their contracts extended by a year.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 7 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 10 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
Toffolo has been on loan at Scunthorpe this season whilst Rudd has been in impressive form for Charlton, who had been keen to sign the shot-stopper at the end of the season.