Norwich City confirm fixtures for EFL Trophy and Premier League International Cup group stages
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed their fixtures for the EFL Trophy, as the club's under-23s make their first foray into the revamped competition.
The Canaries are one of 16 clubs to take up an invitation to enter an under-23 squad into the competition, with six of the starting XI having to be aged under 21 years old for the invited clubs.
City have been drawn in Southern Group F alongside Barnet, MK Dons and Peterborough United.
They begin with a trip to Peterborough on Tuesday, August 30 (7.30pm) before a first match against Barnet since 2007 – and a first visit to the Bees' 5,000-seater Hive Stadium – on Tuesday, October 4 (8pm).
The group stage is then completed with the visit of League One side MK Dons to Carrow Road on Tuesday, November 8 (7pm).
You may also want to watch:
City have also confirmed their fixtures for the Premier League International Cup, in which their U23 side have been drawn in the same group as Celtic, Valencia and Aston Villa.
All three of their matches will be played at Carrow Road, starting against Valencia on Tuesday, September 6 (7pm), before the visit of Celtic on Wednesday, November 16 (7pm) and Aston Villa on Monday, December 5 (7pm).
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
All fixtures are subject to change, with ticketing info to be released by City in due course.