Norwich City confirm fixtures for EFL Trophy and Premier League International Cup group stages
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed their fixtures for the EFL Trophy, as the club's under-23s make their first foray into the revamped competition.
The Canaries are one of 16 clubs to take up an invitation to enter an under-23 squad into the competition, with six of the starting XI having to be aged under 21 years old for the invited clubs.
City have been drawn in Southern Group F alongside Barnet, MK Dons and Peterborough United.
They begin with a trip to Peterborough on Tuesday, August 30 (7.30pm) before a first match against Barnet since 2007 – and a first visit to the Bees' 5,000-seater Hive Stadium – on Tuesday, October 4 (8pm).
The group stage is then completed with the visit of League One side MK Dons to Carrow Road on Tuesday, November 8 (7pm).
City have also confirmed their fixtures for the Premier League International Cup, in which their U23 side have been drawn in the same group as Celtic, Valencia and Aston Villa.
All three of their matches will be played at Carrow Road, starting against Valencia on Tuesday, September 6 (7pm), before the visit of Celtic on Wednesday, November 16 (7pm) and Aston Villa on Monday, December 5 (7pm).
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
All fixtures are subject to change, with ticketing info to be released by City in due course.