Norwich City confirm contract extensions for academy duo Harry Toffolo and Declan Rudd
- Credit: Andy Kearns/Focus Images Limited
Left-back Harry Toffolo and goalkeeper Declan Rudd will remain with Norwich City next season, after having one-year options in their contracts activated.
City's academy products have both spent this season on loan in League One, Diss-born keeper Rudd with mid-table Charlton Athletic and FA Youth Cup winner Toffolo with promotion chasing Scunthorpe United.
Rudd signed a three-year deal in 2014, which had an option for a further year, and has made 34 appearances for his boyhood club since making his debut in September 2009 at the age of 18.
He now has 143 senior matches on his CV as a 26-year-old, having also spent time with Preston, who were recently linked with being interested in taking Rudd back to Deepdale. He made 40 appearances for Charlton this season as he helped them to finish 12th.
Toffolo has made two senior Canaries appearances, both in the League Cup. The former England Under-20 international has made 22 appearances for Scunthorpe scoring twice, as he has battled with established first choice left-back Conor Townsend.
He has not featured in Graham Alexander's starting line-up in the final seven matches of the season though, having to make do with a place on the bench as the Iron sealed third and a play-off place.
Toffolo's temporary club travel to Millwall in the first leg of the semi-finals on Thursday before hosting the Lions at Glanford Park on Sunday.
- 1 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 2 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 3 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 4 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 5 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 6 Man admits hiding camera to film 14-year-old girl in shower
- 7 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the most romantic in the country
- 9 Bid to build five industrial units in Norfolk village
- 10 New poo transplant facility coming to Norwich after £500k funding boost
Following the sales of Martin Olsson to Swansea and Robbie Brady to Burnley this season, Toffolo is the only genuine left-back left on City's permanent roster.
On-loan Ajax ace Mitchell Dijks has impressed and could yet be signed but the Canaries have needed Steven Whittaker and Russell Martin, both right sided defenders, to cover at left-back at times this season.
• Click here for the latest Norwich City news and views