Norwich City clinch loan signing of Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford on loan until the end of the season.
The move follows intense speculation in recent days linking the 22-year-old with a move to Carrow Road.
Canaries boss Alex Neil told the club's official website: After further bolstering his attacking options following the recent signing of Steven Naismith, City boss Alex Neil added: 'Patrick is a player who excelled last season and we are pleased to have the opportunity to bring him in.
'He's a young forward determined to make his way in the game, and adds competition for us at the top end of the pitch.'
Bamford had a temporary spell with Crystal Palace this season, where he made six Barclays Premier League appearances.
You may also want to watch:
He was on loan to Middlesbrough last season where he scored 17 goals in the Championship matches and was named the division's Player of the Year.
He came face to face with Neil's City side in the Championship play-off final at Wembley which the Canaries won 2-0.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
Bamford said: 'I'm really happy to be here, and the sooner I'm able to get involved the better.
'That's what I want to do personally, but it's also about helping Norwich to get the points required to stay in the league.'