Norwich City captain Grant Holt signs new three-year deal
Norwich City captain Grant Holt has signed a new three-year contract committing himself to the Canaries until 2014.
The 29-year-old striker has scored 51 goals in 85 appearances for the club.
Holt told the club's official website: 'It's been a good week. Everyone knows how much I enjoy being here and in this city and at this football club so it really has been a fantastic week and I'm just pleased to get it done and sorted for the summer.
'It's come at a great time and I'm here to score goals and get this club back where it should be and we're on the brink of that now if we can keep doing what we have been doing in the last couple of games.
'If the next three years are anywhere near as good as the last two have been I'll be absolutely delighted. I've enjoyed it and I've been fortunate to work with a fantastic manager and a fantastic bunch of lads. My aim is to get this club back into the Premier League and I've got three years to do that now.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Paul Lambert said: 'Grant deserves this new contract for the way he has played for us since he came here. We made him captain for the benefit of the team but also to spur him on and he has responded. His performance levels have been really high and his goalscoring record speaks for itself.
'He's been great for us and made a huge contribution to what we are trying to do. He has built a good relationship with the fans here and now he's got the security of knowing he's here for another three years to hopefully keep on doing it for them.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village