Norwich City captain Grant Holt hands in transfer request
Norwich City skipper Grant Holt has reportedly had a transfer request turned down by the club.
According to the Press Association, the Canaries' talismanic captain has indicated to manager Paul Lambert he wants to leave the club just days after being crowned the club's player of the year for the third time in a row.
Holt, who scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, has courted interest from other clubs throughout his City career.
Rangers made an offer for the striker in the January transfer window before they went into administration whilst Leicester City have also previously been interested in the striker.
However, Premier League clubs are bound to sit up and take notice of his transfer request given the form he showed this season, which led to many commentators calling for the 31-year-old's inclusion in Roy Hodgson's England squad for the European Championships.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash