Norwich City cap season ticket sales at 22,000
Norwich City have capped season ticket sales at 22,000 for the 2012-13 Premier League campaign after another bumper year at the box office.
The Canaries have not revealed how many existing season ticket-holders renewed their seats, but say the 'vast majority' signed up again before the first deadline in February.
The rest of the total comes through sales to fans on the waiting list, with all those who signed up for the list before April 2011 given the chance to buy a seat.
City had 21,883 season ticket-holders at the start of last season, and the new total means sales have topped the 20,000 mark for the fifth time in seven seasons.
Chief executive David McNally told the club's official website: 'It's fantastic that we've once again had to cap season ticket sales at 22,000 for our Barclays Premier League games at Carrow Road during the coming season.
'The fact that the vast majority of our fans signed up early for season tickets before the first deadline in February further underlines their tremendous commitment to the club and, of course, they enjoyed best possible prices for doing so.
'The fact that the bulk of the Yellow Army signed up early for season tickets also gives the club financial certainty and our commitment to the fans, as always, is that every spare penny goes back into the playing budget to support Chris Hughton's plans for the squad.'
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 3 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 4 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 5 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 6 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 7 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 10 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
Premier League gates at Carrow Road averaged 26,605 last season, City's highest home league average since 1972-73.
The visit of Liverpool on April 28 brought the season's top crowd of 26,819, the biggest home attendance since 1983.
Casual ticket prices have yet to be announced for 2012-13. Seats for the first home game against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday, August 25, go on sale to super members on July 30, to members on August 3 and season ticket holders on August 6. Any remaining go on general sale from August 10.