Norwich City cap season ticket sales at 22,000
Norwich City have capped season ticket sales at 22,000 for the 2012-13 Premier League campaign after another bumper year at the box office.
The Canaries have not revealed how many existing season ticket-holders renewed their seats, but say the 'vast majority' signed up again before the first deadline in February.
The rest of the total comes through sales to fans on the waiting list, with all those who signed up for the list before April 2011 given the chance to buy a seat.
City had 21,883 season ticket-holders at the start of last season, and the new total means sales have topped the 20,000 mark for the fifth time in seven seasons.
Chief executive David McNally told the club's official website: 'It's fantastic that we've once again had to cap season ticket sales at 22,000 for our Barclays Premier League games at Carrow Road during the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
'The fact that the vast majority of our fans signed up early for season tickets before the first deadline in February further underlines their tremendous commitment to the club and, of course, they enjoyed best possible prices for doing so.
'The fact that the bulk of the Yellow Army signed up early for season tickets also gives the club financial certainty and our commitment to the fans, as always, is that every spare penny goes back into the playing budget to support Chris Hughton's plans for the squad.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
Premier League gates at Carrow Road averaged 26,605 last season, City's highest home league average since 1972-73.
The visit of Liverpool on April 28 brought the season's top crowd of 26,819, the biggest home attendance since 1983.
Casual ticket prices have yet to be announced for 2012-13. Seats for the first home game against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday, August 25, go on sale to super members on July 30, to members on August 3 and season ticket holders on August 6. Any remaining go on general sale from August 10.