Norwich City boss Paul Lambert targets transfer window deadline day signings
Paul Lambert confirmed on Tuesday morning the Canaries are working on 'one or two' potential deadline day transfer deals.
The Norwich City chief has so far recruited Jonny Howson from Leeds on a permanent move, but ahead of City's Premier League trip to Sunderland Lambert admitted he is willing to make a further foray into the market. Lambert, however, declined to speculate on whether he is looking at a second permanent deal or the loan route ahead of tonight's 11pm transfer deadline.
'I'll wait and see what happens,' he said. 'It's just kind of raised its head a little bit. It's probably not the answer you are looking for, but its the best I have got. I don't know. It's just in the balance. There are things I am looking at. Whether they come off or not I don't know. There is one or two things that we have looked at. Whether or not they happen we'll see. Like I said, if not then I'd be more than happy with the group that is there. I'll keep the phone switched on and we'll see what happens throughout the day. Wait and see. If it does come off, fine, if it doesn't then I am more than happy as I say.'
Lambert reiterated none of his experienced players will be allowed to leave - either on permanent deals or short term loans - but the City boss confirmed Crystal Palace and Oldham want to keep Chris Martin and Tom Adeyemi respectively - with the duo's current loan spells due to expire shortly.
'Nobody is going out. I might let one or two of the younger ones out but not the ones round about the squad,' he said. 'I think Crystal Palace are trying to keep Chrissie, so we'll see what happens throughout the day, and Tom is more than happy to stay with Oldham so I am quite happy with that to happen.
You may also want to watch:
'I'll be glad when it's finished. Like everybody else because it takes up most of your month. There are so many things with inflation but as I said before I won't bring in lads who can't play in the first team.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed